SCOPE OF CONFERENCE
ArtsIT, Interactivity & Game Creation 2016 is meant to be a place where people in arts, with a keen interest in modern IT technologies, meet with people in IT, having strong ties to arts in their works. Since 2009 the event has become a leading scientific forum for dissemination of cutting-edge research results in the area of Arts, Design & Technology – now extended to include the open related topics Interactivity (Interaction Design, Virtual Reality, Augmented Reality etc) and Game Creation (e.g. Serious Games, Gamification, Leisure Gaming, GamePlay, etc.).
The call for papers is aimed at people across a wide spectrum of interests and disciplines:
- Games, Interactivity,
- Virtual Reality and Augmented Reality,
- Interactive Art (innovative interactive installations)
- Augmented Performing Arts (innovative performances and shows enhanced by ICT technologies), Augmented Reality applications in art and design.
- Information visualization,
- Big Data,
- Applications and interfaces for Mobile Devices,
- Virtual worlds, Metaverse, Avatars and Presence.
- Multimedia Image Processing, Digital Photography.
- Audio Art, Sound Design.
- New Media Technologies
- Corporeal Art/Design Systems (sensors, wearable computing, motion tracking etc.) Generative/Aleatoric Systems.
- Media Archeology.
- Virtual Museums and Curatorial Practices.
- Theoretical Studies and research output that resides at the intersection of the fields of art, design and technology.
Submission guidelines Papers should be in English. Previously published work may not be submitted, nor may the work be concurrently submitted to any other conference or journal. Accepted papers will be published in Springer's LNICST series and will appear in the SpringerLink, one of the largest digital libraries online that covers a variety of scientific disciplines.
The proceedings are submitted for inclusion to the leading indexing services: DBLP, Google Scholar, Thomson Scientific ISI Proceedings, EI Elsevier Engineering Index, CrossRef, Scopus, as well as ICST's own EU Digital Library (EUDL).
Selected papers will be invited to publish their texts in the:
- International Journal of Arts & Technology (Inderscience) and Metaverse Creativity, a peer reviewed academic journal published by Intellect, UK.
- Selected papers may be invited to publish in the EAI Endorsed transactions on Creative Technologies or the EAI Endorsed transactions of Serious Games
About EAI - The European Alliance for Innovation is a dynamic eco-system for fostering ICT enabled innovation to improve European competitiveness and to benefit society.
Find out more at www.eai.eu